And, did you know, it’s famous for being the birth town of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, as well as sports heroes including Zola Budd, Hansie Cronjé, Alan Donald, Kepler Wessels Amanda Coetzer.
Here are 5 things you can enjoy about Bloem Retirement Homes:
- Take a day out to take in The Annual Rose Festival where rose-lovers bring over 15,000 roses to one venue for your enjoyment.
- Check out the Cheetah Experience, a breeding and conservation programme that leaves visitors in complete awe!
- With so much history in this town marking the Anglo-Boer War, you can visit the Anglo-Boer War Museum, the National Museum and battlefields in and around the city and the National Women’s Monument – a tribute to the 26 000 Boer women and children who perished in British concentration camps during the Anglo-Boer Wars.
- And if you are keen on astronomy, don’t miss the Boyden Observatory.
- Besides these fabulous sight-seeing marvels, you will also have the peace of mind knowing that you are in a city that has top hospitals and healthcare facilities as well as reasonable property investment opportunities.
Bloem Retirement Homes are not only centrally situated but offer a fantastic culture of community and nature-loving residents. Search for Bloem Retirement Homes in the search bar on the home page of this website.