Nursing homes are facilities for seniors in need of 24-hour care. They also provide many of the care options offered in other senior communities such as room and board, personal care, protection, supervision and certain types of therapy. Typically, nursing care falls into three levels of care:
1. Basic care is required to maintain a person’s activity of daily living.
2. Skilled care is for those seniors who require the services of a registered nurse for treatment and procedures.
3. Sub-Acute care requires comprehensive in-patient care for someone who has experienced an acute illness or injury.
Is nursing care right for you?
Nursing care is for you if you require the care of a skilled nursing community 24 hours per day.
Here’s your nursing care checklist of things to consider:
- Does the area seem clean and well maintained?
- Does the atmosphere seem friendly and inviting?
- Is the Residents Bill of Rights posted in the lobby?
- Does the company run background checks on all the staff?
To find nursing care or frail care facilities in South Africa please click here.