GardenVillage, known as the Friendly Home, is centrally located in the northern suburb of Bordeaux, Randburg.
Some 210 people live in the village where the individual’s right to privacy is respected but where there is a genuine warmth and concern for each other. A host of activities, entertainment and outings is available to cater for everyone’s needs.
There are 127 PFUs (Privately Funded Units), 15 rented units as well as accommodation for 60 people in our caring section.
The Village offers:
· A caring and friendly atmosphere.
· A secure environment with 24 hour security guards.
· A dining room and kitchen where occasional or all meals can be enjoyed with others or meals can be delivered to your room.
· A well stocked tuck shop.
· Transport to some of the many shopping centres in the area including Cresta, Brightwater Commons and Bryanston.
· Trips to Places of Interest or entertainment.
· Excursions to holiday venues such as game parks etc.
· A host of activities such as card games, gym classes, bingo, film shows scrabble.
· Our own Chapel where Sunday morning and evening services are held as well as bible studies and fellowship meetings.
· Entertainment by way of visiting musicians and others.
· Lock up garages or carports can be rented or purchased on a life rights basis.
· A weekly morning market.
· A full laundry service or a self help laundromat.
· A well stocked library.
· Doctors, physiotherapists, podiatrists etc. available in the village.
· Nursing services, not only in the caring section, but to all residents.
· A hairdresser and salon sponsored by the village.
· A weekly cleaning service included in the levy.
GardenVillageboasts magnificent gardens and a quaint duck pond where you can walk or sit and enjoy a bit of country atmosphere. For the energetic you can join others in early morning or evening walks around the village.
Privately Funded Units (PFU)
The 127 units comprise spacious bedsitters, 1, 2 or 3 bedroom units or cottages at prices ranging from R200 000 to R 975 000 with monthly levies from R960 to R2 300. The units are owned on a life rights basis. When a resident vacates a unit it is resold by the home. The resident is refunded a percentage of the sale price dependant on the number of years of occupancy. After 5 years it is fixed at 50%. The new selling price is market related and hence the refunded amount has in the past exceeded the original purchase price.
The rentals range from R1,880 for a bedsitter to R3,900 for a very large 2 bedroom unit.
Mid and Frail Care
The caring section has both a frail care and mid care. A matron, sisters, professional nurses and care workers ensure that residents are well cared for and that their needs are met.
Accommodation is on a full board basis including all meals, teas, laundry etc.
A CCTV system has recently been installed in all rooms to enable nursing staff to continuously monitor the resident. Residents are also provided with a panic button.
The mid care rooms each have their own bathroom and access to the gardens. The frail care residents make use of common bathrooms specially equipped to cater for patients who need assistance.
An occupational Therapist organises activities for these residents who are also encouraged to participate in all the activities of the folk in the village.
There are rooms for singles and couples in mid care while in frail care there are rooms with 1, 2 or 4 beds.
The monthly tariff vary depending on the type and size of accommodation.
There is a waiting list for all forms of accommodation. In the case of frail care accommodation can sometimes be immediately available while for those requiring large cottages the waiting period could be several years.
Please come and visit us and let us show you around so that you experience the ambiance, ask questions and fill in an application form.
There is a R125 initial charge when applying and an annual renewal fee of R75. Contact us on 011 787 9316, or on e-mail email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
GARDEN VILLAGE is one of thirteen homes owned and managed by Methodist Homes for the Aged. If you would like to know more about the organisation, or any of its other homes, please click on the link below: