The Constantia Lodge has been operating as a hotel for the past 20 years, and is perfectly positioned to be a retirement home for seniors wanting to live between Johannesburg and Pretoria. Constantia Lodge offers upmarket accommodation in the heart of Midrand. It is conveniently located 7km away from Netcare Waterfall City and the Mall of Africa. Constantia Lodge offers Independent Living, and Mid Care.
Upmarket suites catering for all the amenities one could wish for in retirement. Many of the suites overlook the garden courtyard.
- There are telephone’s and panic buttons in all the units
- Transport to our local shopping centre is available on Thursday’s (own cost)
- Mobile hairdresser on Tuesday’s (own cost)
- Cosy friendship lounges
- Guest flat for visitors (charged at a daily rate of R900 -sleeps 2 people)
- Weekly entertainment is arranged
- Perimeter secured and guard house manned 24 hours
- Restaurant on site – Doctor’s visit’s once a week. (own cost)
- Psychologist available on request
- Small gym on site
- Wifi (fair use policy)
- Suites with bathrooms en suite Rental of R8,000 per month (R6500 for additional person sharing room) Prices exclude VAT
- Food from a menu (additional cost)
- Medical care and nursing – clinic on site – billed as and when needed
- Rental includes laundry and cleaning of rooms. It also includes water and electricity usage, rates and taxes, security and parking.
- All rooms have a TV, microwave, a small fridge and a tea station.
The Application Process
Applying for accommodation is a simple 3 step application and approval process.
1. Complete an application form to reserve the unit
2. Deed of surety
The Landlord requires a deed of surety from a family member or close friend to assure that there are sufficient funds available to cover the applicant for the rest of their life. When assessing finances, the Landlord will considers the costs of full care both now and in the future. The Landlord can call upon the surety in the future should the applicant need financial assistance with any of the following items: –
- Monthly Rental
- Sundry medication, oxygen, dressings etc
- Gate activator and or personal panic button
- Incontinent products
- Lost keys (where applicable and on request)
- Additional care-giver or private nurse charges. (where applicable and on request)
- The object of this surety is to ensure that all applications in independent living are covered from a financial aspect.
3. Medical report form completed by GP For all new applications for residency, a Landlord Medical Report Form must be completed by your doctor. The medicals are submitted to the Matron of the home who will meet with you for a nursing assessment. Once finances and medicals have been approved, arrangements can be made to sign the agreement.
What Services are included in the Rental?
The Facility provides upmarket rental accommodation in Midrand –
- Security – Water and electricity
- Rates and Taxes
- Garden service
- Insurance of buildings
- Management of the facility
- Maintenance of the facility
- Panic button system
- Use of communal facilities
- Domestic service of suite
Are Pets Allowed?
Sorry, but pets are not permitted in the facility.
Is care provided?
All residents have access to care on-site from our onsite clinic and nursing staff at an additional charge. Should additional care or hospitalisation be needed this will be for the tenants cost.
Am I allowed to make alterations?
You are not allowed to make alterations to the suite. Units are re-carpeted and painted prior to occupation
Residents are not permitted to sub-let their suites.
If a second resident/spouse wants to occupy the unit a lease must be signed with the landlord.
Are Meals Provided?
Meals can be ordered from the on site restuarant at an additional charge.
Is there an Age Limit?
Anyone from the age of 50 can apply for accommodation. An applicant’s health and medical needs are considered when applying for accommodation.
The Facility strives to place residents in the right environment that will cater for their health and medical needs and is based on the doctors medical report and Matrons’ medical assessment.
How often are prices increased?
Rentals are revised annually and changes take effect on 1 March every year.
- Physical Address: 546, 16th Road
- Suburb: Midrand
- City: SANDTON and RANDBURG
- Province: Gauteng
- Postal address:
PO Box 2995
Constantia Lodge CategoriesRetirement Village
Constantia Lodge Facilities