Garden Village – Retirement Village Randburg
Garden Village is a Retirement Village in Randburg known as the Friendly Home. We are centrally located in the northern suburb of Bordeaux in Randburg.
Around 210 people live in our retirement village, where the individual’s right to privacy is respected AND where there is a genuine warmth and concern for one another.
We have 127 PFUs (Privately Funded Units), 15 rented units and accommodation for 60 people in our care section.
This is what you can expect at the Garden Village Retirement Village, Randburg:
· A friendly and caring atmosphere.
· Secure environment with 24 hour security guards.
· A kitchen and dining room where meals can be enjoyed with others. Meals can also be delivered to your room.
· A well stocked tuck shop.
· Transport to some of the shopping centres in the area including Cresta, Brightwater Commons and Bryanston.
· Trips to places of interest and entertainment.
· Excursions to holiday venues such as game parks.
· Activities such as card games, gym classes, bingo, film shows and scrabble.
· Our very own Chapel where Sunday morning and evening services are held, as well as bible study and fellowship meetings.
· Entertainment like music shows etc.
· Lock up garages and carports can be rented or purchased on a life rights basis.
· A weekly morning market.
· A full laundry service or a self-help laundromat.
· A well-stocked library.
· Access to doctors, physiotherapists, podiatrists, and others available in the village.
· Nursing services, not only in the care section, but available to all residents.
· A hairdresser and salon sponsored by the retirement village.
· A weekly cleaning service – included in the levy.
Garden Village boasts magnificent gardens and a quaint duck pond for country air enjoyment. For the energetic, you can join others for an early morning or evening walk around the retirement village.
Privately Funded Units (PFU)
We have 127 units that comprise of spacious bedsitters, one, two or three bedroom units or cottages. Prices range from R200,000 to R975,000 with monthly levies from R960 to R2,300. The units are owned on a life rights basis. When a resident vacates a unit, it’s resold by Methodist Homes. The resident is then refunded a percentage of the sale price dependant on the number of years of occupancy. After five years it’s fixed at 50%. The new selling price is market related, so the refunded amount has in the past exceeded the original purchase price.
The rentals range from R1,880 for a bedsitter to R3,900 for a very large 2 bedroom unit.
Midcare and Frail Care
We offer both frail care and mid care. A matron, sisters, professional nurses and care workers ensure our residents are well cared for and their needs are met.
Accommodation is on a full board basis including all meals, teas, laundry etc.
We have recently installed a CCTV system in all rooms, enabling nursing staff to continuously monitor the wellbeing of our residents. Residents are also provided with a panic button.
The mid care rooms each have their own bathroom and access to the gardens. The frail care residents make use of common bathrooms specially equipped to cater for patients who need assistance.
An Occupational Therapist organises activities for these residents. They are also encouraged to participate in all the other activities in the village.
There are rooms for singles and couples in mid care while in frail care there are rooms with one, two or four beds.
The monthly tariff varies depending on the type and size of accommodation.
The waiting list at the Garden Village Retirement Village Randburg
There is a waiting list for all our accommodation. Frail care accommodation can sometimes be immediately available, but for those requiring large cottages the waiting period could be several years.
Please come and visit us and let us show you around so you can experience the ambiance and ask questions and fill in an application form for the waiting list.
When applying, there’s a R125 initial charge and an annual renewal fee of R75. Contact us on 011 787 9316, or e-mail email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
GARDEN VILLAGE is one of thirteen homes owned and managed by Methodist Homes for the Aged.
For more information on Methodist Homes and its other facilities, click here.
- Physical Address: Cnr Garden/Republic Rds
- City: SANDTON and RANDBURG
- Province: Gauteng
- Postal address:
Garden Village – Retirement Village Randburg CategoriesRetirement Village
Garden Village – Retirement Village Randburg Facilities