Willow Haven Retirement Village
Willow Haven retirement village is designed for the active and social over 50’s who enjoy healthy living and want to simplify their lives by downsizing their homes as well as the related maintenance and management that comes with it.
What you can expect from Willow Haven Retirement Village
Willow Haven retirement village is situated in the The Willows area of Pretoria East. Tall Palm trees welcome residents and visitors to this garden paradise dashed with scents of lavender. It is no wonder it’s called a ‘haven’.
Having more freedom to do what you enjoy most is what retirement is all about. At Willow Haven retirement village, residents have more freedom to pursue their interests and hobbies, discover new talents and live the way they choose.
A garden courtyard serves as the social centre of the community where residents gather to enjoy relaxing strolls among the trees and rosebushes, or just chat and enjoy the open air.
It also features a beautiful pool where residents can take an afternoon dip in serene surroundings.
Our emphasis on ‘care’ is what makes Willow Haven retirement village unique. Residents enjoy a healthier and more fulfilled lifestyle at Willow Haven.
We also have frail care facilities and wheelchair access ramps.
All this in a safe environment with 24-hour gated security and a perimeter wall topped with multi-zoned electric fencing.
Our Community Centre
We have a central dining room, library, coffee lounge, administrative office, 1st level nurse office and exercise room as well as a piano and television set.
The Dining Area
Tasty and well-balanced meals are served in our dining area at affordable prices and lunches are served daily. Special arrangements can be made with management for functions, like parties and family gatherings.
Cozy Coffee Lounge
Our large yet cozy coffee lounge is enjoyed by residents who come together for a cup of coffee, to play the piano or a game of cards.
Our library features an extensive collection of both English and Afrikaans non-fiction and fiction books as well as a large collection of magazines.
Medical and 1st level nursing
A 1st level nurse is on duty daily and ensures:
- Testing blood pressure, pulse and respiration and testing of blood-sugar levels and urine
- Evaluating patients and when necessary refer to medical practitioners, physiotherapists, dieticians, psychologists and any other medical team
- Removal of stitches
- Arranging specialists’ visits, like: Foot, eye and ear specialists and reflexologies
- Evaluate and caring of small wounds
- Controlling of medication
- Planning health talks and arranging speakers and lecturers to meet with residents
- Making arrangements with the ambulance services when patients need to be transported to hospital
- Giving of vitamin injections, as prescribed by doctors
- House visits done to support and give advise to house bounded residents
- Health guidance and information supplied on a personal level
24 hour per day, frail care facilities are readily available at Willow Haven retirement village Clinic on the premises. Our 30 bed frail care is supervised by professional nurses and assisted by community doctors.
A secure environment is ensured with 24-hour gated security and a perimeter wall topped with multi-zoned electrified fencing.
A minibus is available to transport residents to local shops and various other outings.
For more information on other Pretoria based retirement villages, click here.
- Physical Address: 139 Harte Avenue
- Suburb: The Willows
- City: PRETORIA and CENTURION
- Province: Gauteng
- Postal address:
PO Box 75298
Willow Haven Retirement Village CategoriesRetirement Village
Willow Haven Retirement Village Facilities