Methodist Homes Retirement Villages
The METHODIST HOMES retirement Villages Head Office was established as a welfare organisation in 1970 and is a non-profit organisation. We provide accommodation and other facilities and services, specifically for the elderly, at the least possible cost.
With our long and successful track record and professional management, MHA is financially sound. It exists solely for the benefit of the elderly people for whom it was established.
MHA is controlled by a board of directors that include prominent professional and business people who give generously of their time.
The Methodist Homes retirement villages’ vision, mission and values
Vision: To be a successful caring organisation providing a balanced range of accommodation, services and opportunities for the elderly.
Mission: To provide affordable, secure and caring accommodation and services to the elderly.
- We are committed to caring for the aged by providing cost effective, excellent and efficient service which will result in satisfaction.
- We deal with all our residents, their families, members of the public and our colleagues with dignity, respect, sincerity, transparency and compassion.
- We strive for a participative style of management where all employees individually and collectively work responsibly and unselfishly, with integrity to achieve the mission and objectives of MHA.
What you can expect from MHA retirement villages
Methodist Homes for the Aged provides security, nursing, care and other services to more than 3000 elderly people, regardless of their religious affiliation.
There are roughly 1800 residents at our 13 retirement villages and homes. The residential accommodation is made up of Privately Funded Units (PFU’s) occupied on the basis of life rights. In these cases, residents pay an initial financial contribution and a monthly levy thereafter.
In addition, we have rooms and flats at most retirement villages for rent. Eight of the homes have residential care sections. These provide 24-hour nursing care.
All our residents have access to nursing care facilities, either where they live or at a nearby MHA home. Support care is also available to our residents in their cottages and flats at a cost relative to the service we provide.
Our frail care sections are managed by qualified nursing staff with extensive experience in geriatric nursing.
Plus, we provide care services to elderly people living in the community. These services are available in the form of day care centres, which provide meals, occupational therapy, companionship and exercise to people living in disadvantaged communities. Our community outreach programmes include meals-on-wheels and assistance with basic hygiene at a reasonable cost.
Applications can be made for accommodation at any of the Methodist Homes for the Aged. The homes offer a wide range of accommodation to suit the applicants’ circumstances.
Links to other Homes within the Methodist Homes organisation:
* ARBOR VILLAGE, Bedfordview
* EDDY HOUSE, Benoni
* ELANDSHAVEN RETIREMENT VILLAGE, Klerksdorp
* EVENTIDE, Klerksdorp
* FAIRLEADS RETIREMENT VILLAGE, Benoni
* GARDEN VILLAGE, Randburg
* PRIM VILLA, Germiston
* QUEENSWOOD HOME, Pretoria
* RIDGEVIEW VILLAGE, Boksburg
* ROSE VILLAGE, Roosevelt Park
* SAMUEL BROADBENT HOUSE, Potchefstroom
* SUMMERFIELD PARK, Johannesburg North
* SUMMIT VILLAGE, Roodepoort
- Physical Address: cnr Replublic and Garden Rd
- City: SANDTON and RANDBURG
- Province: Gauteng
- Postal address:
Cnr Republic and Garden Rd
Methodist Homes Retirement Villages CategoriesRetirement Village