Willow Village Retirement Homes Pretoria
The Willow Village retirement homes Pretoria make up a residential development for the over fifties who enjoy an active and healthy living lifestyle.
The village is perfect for the person who is looking to simplify their lives by downsizing their accommodation as well as the related maintenance and management that comes with a larger independent residence.
What you can expect at the Willow Village retirement homes Pretoria
Willow Village is in the The Willows area of Pretoria East. When you drive in, you’ll be instantly aware of the tranquil surroundings and the well-groomed gardens that surround the individual units and provide a joyful palette of colours.
The village’s retirement homes comprise of well-designed ground units with their own lock up garages and/or carports as well as private gardens.
It was the developer’s vision that that those who choose to live in a senior community, like Willow Haven, want to live a healthier and fulfilled life.
But, most of all, it’s the peaceful atmosphere that makes Willow Village unique. And residents enjoy this as well as camaraderie and quality in a secure environment.
The community centre at the Willow Village retirement homes Pretoria
Residents enjoy a healthy and independent lifestyle and gain from strong social connections. This is a leading factor in life fulfillment and extended health.
At Willow Village we strive to create an environment filled with opportunities for social interaction and this is why we have a well-designed community area.
The central dining room, library, coffee lounge, administrative and first level nurse’s offices forms the heart of the village.
Our Dining Area
Tasty and well-balanced meals are served in our country style dining area at reasonable prices. Lunch is served daily. And, special arrangements can be made with the managers for functions such as parties and family gatherings.
The library features an extensive collection of English and Afrikaans fiction and non-fiction books and magazines.
Our refined yet cozy coffee or hobby lounge is adorned with elegant paintings. Residents can come together to enjoy a cup of coffee, play the piano or participate in a game of cards.
Medical and first level nursing
A first level nurse is on duty daily. The nurse ensures all residents have access to:
- Evaluating patients and when necessary refer to medical practitioners, dieticians, physiotherapists, psychologists or any other medical team
- Evaluate and caring of small wounds
- Testing blood pressure, pulse and respiration and testing of blood-sugar levels and urine
- Removing of stitches
- Controlling of medication
- Planning health talks and arranging speakers and lecturers to meet with residents
- Making arrangements with ambulance services when patients need to be transported to hospital
- Health guidance and information supplied on a personal level
- Arranging and facilitating specialist visits, for example, foot, eye and ear specialists and reflexologies
- House visits done to support and give advise to house bounded residents
- Giving of vitamin injections, as prescribed by doctors
24-7 frail care facilities are readily available at Willow Haven Clinic situated on the corner of Harte & Strulents Streets, The Willows, which is in close vicinity to Willow Village.
Our 30 bed frail care centre is supervised by professional nurses and assisted by community doctors.
A secure environment is ensured at all times with 24-hour gated security, a perimeter wall topped with multi-zoned electric fencing.
For information on another Pretoria based village of retirement homes, click here
- Physical Address: 321 Spitskop Street
- Suburb: The Willows
- City: PRETORIA and CENTURION
- Province: Gauteng
- Postal address:
PO Box 75298
Willow Village Retirement Homes Pretoria CategoriesRetirement Village
Willow Village Retirement Homes Pretoria Facilities