Vygeboom Retirement Villages Durban – New Life Villages
New Life Community Services is a collection of diverse Retirement Home Developments for the elderly.
Each Village has carefully been centred around building a vibrant social community as its core. A place where the elderly can comfortably, easily, and seamlessly transition into their ‘new season of life’.
The villages each boast their own style and range of on-site services, such as 24hr security, centralized frail care, shopping shuttle, and independent meals services.
Today New Life Community Services has grown into 4 unique retirement villages with a centralized Frail care unit, and a community social justice arm.
We offer the following services to all residents at any of our retirement villages,:
- Panic Button System – Residents are all required to have a panic button with them at all times.
- Residents are guaranteed a place in our Long term Frail Care unit with a 10% discount.
- A qualified nurse that runs a blood pressure clinic and checks vital signs.
- A Meal service (outsourced) – order the meals of the weekly menu.
- A shopping shuttle service, taking our residents to do their weekly grocery shopping.
- Regular social and cultural outings to coffee shops, wine estates, V&A Water Front, and other cultural or scenic spots.
- Weekly game sessions & Weekly exercise sessions.
New Life Community Services unique value
New Life Community Services designed Developments around community as a core with and to cater to all levels of affordability. We did this through a Life Right Development model where typically the cost of a unit is lower than what you would pay for a house, sectional title, or apartment of a similar size.
Why Life Right?
Life rights developments are growing in popularity in South Africa. They offer a more cost-effective and less onerous option for retirees than an investment in regular property types.
Essentially life rights could be viewed as a housing product, an insurance policy, and a good night’s sleep all rolled into one. With a lower financial barrier to entry, than a sectional title or freehold house, Life Rights are an attractive option for those living on a fixed retirement income.
‘Life Right’ refers to a property contract whereby a resident enjoys the same privileges as if the home was purchased in a freehold or sectional title manor, except that the developer of the home remains the sole owner of the property. This means the security of tenure until death. As such, much like in a marriage, it’s a two-way long-term commitment. The developer or sectional 21 organization is every bit as dependent on the health of the relationship as is every resident of the development.
Life Right purchase has not got a property transfer – there are no bond registration fees, no transfer duties and no VAT payable, thus avoiding the negative effects that such additional costs can have upon discretionary income and estate values.
When it comes monthly costs Life Right provides all the advantages of regular homeownership without the cost or hassle of insurance, home maintenance, garden upkeep, domestic workers, repairs and security upgrades. All property management, maintenance, and upkeep falls to the developer or section 21 organization as the owner of the property. No body corporates or slow trusts to work through. In this Life Right model there is mutual risk. As a result, there is protection for the resident against unforeseen hidden costs and special levies so often seen in a sectional title or whole owner models.
Because of their popularity, there are normally long waiting lists for New Life Community Services Life Right development units. So it is advisable to contact them and make an appointment to view a unit and put your name down as soon as possible.
NEW LIFE RETIREMENT UNITS
- Onze Molen – 12 Hoog Strt, Durbanville
- Manor on Lords Walk – 6 Langeber Rd, Durbanville
- Vygeboom – 40 Bokmakierie street, Sontraal
- Frail Care / Siekeboeg – 3 Regent Strt, Durbanville (Onze Molen premise)
- FOR PURCHASERS/OWNERS – Guaranteed beds available at New Life Frail Care at a discounted rate (10%) at 3 Regent Street, Durbanville (Frail care price from R15 500)
- Life-Right purchasers must be over 50 years old.
- No transfer costs and attorney’s fees (life rights endorsement on the title deed, which falls under the life rights act)
- On re-sale you will get the original purchase price back plus 30% of the profit at Vygeboom, Onze Molen and Manor.
- Electricity Paid by the purchaser Optional Services
- Fort nightly Outings (only at Manor and Onze Molen)
- Weekly Shopping (only at Manor and Onze Molen)
- Availability of Meals at R55/meal
- Shaded carport at R200 pm ex VAT
- DSTV – 375pm (only at Manor and Onze Molen)
- Each owner will be issued with a panic button which is linked to Halt Security, which operates 24/7. Activation of the panic button (once off R750 for button) will result in immediate transmission of 3 text messages (neighbour, next of kin, Halt security).
- Halt security will determine if this is a medical or security emergency and will dispatch the appropriate response team.
Contact Vygeboom Retirement Villages Durbanville today…
Retirement VillagesOffering Apartments / Flats Sold on Life Rights With Midcare / Frail Care With Visits by a Nursing Sister
Old Age HomesWith Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresWith Dementia - Alzheimer’s care
on site visits by traveling hairdresser
covered garage's and carports
food service in house