Resthill Elderly Care nursing home provides accommodation and 24-hour continuous care to people needing Alzheimers and dementia care, and assisted living and frail care residents.
We go beyond what you might expect to provide our residents and their families with peace of mind that they’re in the best possible care. We ensure their safety, comfort and respect at all times.
At Resthill Elderly Care nursing home, you experience pure luxury country living on 3 ha property in the cusp of the Cradle of Human Kind. We’re located between Midrand, Sandton, Fourways, Centurion and Pretoria just off the N14 Krugersdorp Highway and we’re close to essential emergency services.
Our Nursing Home’s approach to Alzheimers and dementia care
One of the unique aspects of Resthill Elderly Care is our multi-professional team. They ensure that each resident receives comprehensive interventions for body, mind and spirit.
Our focus is on quality of life and we fully endorse the Eden Alternative approach to care.
In our Burkei Assisted Living Home, we care for elderly residents who need assistance with mobility, medication, grooming and dressing. It’s also in this home that we care for our Alzheimers and dementia care residents who are still at the early stages of their disease.
In our Robusta Frail Care Home, we care for residents who require substantial personalised care and assistance. We integrate a daily sensory stimulation programme – especially for our late stage Alzheimers Disease residents.
Facilities at the Resthill Alzheimers and Dementia Care Nursing Home
Resthill Elderly Care nursing home is specially designed and equipped to ensure optimal care and comfort for our residents – without the hospital feel.
This is what you can expect at Resthill Elderly Care Nursing Home:
- Two modern care homes with private and shared rooms that cater for only 10 residents
- Three executive rooms with en suite bathrooms for our more independent residents
- A guestroom with an en suite bathroom for families that travel from far
- 24-hour-care by a motivated team who attend regular training
- The home is managed and owned by a registered psychiatric nurse who stays onsite
- Specially equipped and wheelchair friendly facilities – including modern shower rooms
- Fresh clean linen and towels
- Quality furnishings
- Open plan dining rooms with French Doors leading onto the garden, featuring antiques from Oom Paul Kruger era
- Healing gardens including our succulent labyrinth
- Our resident donkeys Clara, Casey and JB as well as Boschveld Indigenous Chickens and geese
- Our potbelly pigs Bimi and Winnie
- And, our well trained and friendly “therapy” dogs Rylee, Gala and Rubie as well as our residents’ own dogs who are more than welcome.
- Entertainment rooms with a music system, LED TV and DSTV in Burkei
- 24 hours electrified perimeter fencing with ADT armed response and rural police surveillance
Resthill Elderly Care nursing home encourages family input at all levels to ensure quality of life for their loved ones.
Our services include:
- Nutritional meals planned and prepared by our catering manager and her team.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are an essential part of our menu.
- Tea & coffee and an assortment of squashes as preferred
- Basic toiletries (soap, shampoo and toothpaste)
- Activities and relaxation therapy
- Mobility programme
- Medication monitoring and supervised dispensing
- Medical related procedures such as basic wound care and bed sore intervention
- Basic manicure and pedicure
- Visiting hairdresser (cutting)
- And all laundry requirements are onsite
Additional to the monthly tariff
- Medication, adult continence requirements, mobility items and other personal requirements.
- If required referrals to medical practitioners, wound care specialist, pastoral counsellors and psychologists can be arranged but are for residents’ own account.
Old Age HomesWith Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresSpecialised Dementia Care With Dementia - Alzheimer’s care
Basic hairdressing every six weeks included in our monthly fee.
We are of the philosophy that pets should retire with their owners. More than welcome at Resthill Memory Care.
Not required as we are a small, home like facility. Our meals are highlights of each day.
Both homes are fully wheelchair accessible. Each home has a open plan bathroom for convenience of wheelchair residents.
We have a general practitioner consults at Resthill Memory Care regularly. Rapid response ambulances are used for emergencies
Resident registered psychiatric nurse, co-owner and manager of Resthill Memory Care.
On-site every day of the week.
Plenty of books, magazines and daily newspapers thus informal library.