New Life Retirement Villages Durbanville were launched by Henry Nel after he saw a need for retirement accommodation in Cape Town.
He started building developments that are centred around the idea of a vibrant social community where the elderly can transition into a ‘new season of life’ with valuable friendships, and peace of mind.
Today they boast 3 unique Retirement villages, that are all designed to enhance the sense of community which is known to bring about a new lease of life.
Onze Molen was built in 2001 and consists of 35 apartments, which are either Bachelor, 1 or 2 bedroomed. it was the first of 2 more Villages to follow, Vygeboom and Manor on Lords Walks.
The facilities on-premises include; a lounge area, dining hall, tea room and large patio with braai areas, an established garden and Oak trees dating back to 1800’s.
Manor on Lords Walk was built in 2004 and boasts 28 separate apartments comprising of Bachelor units, 1 & 2 Bedroom apartments.
This retirement village is affordable and the best value for money on Durbanville. It has a spacious dining hall, communal braai area, gardens area, secure parking, and electric fencing.
Vygeboom was established in 2008. The first phase comprises of 18 two-bedroomed apartments and the second phase of 25 units. This French-style village features granite countertops, travertine tiles and chandeliers. People have commented that Vygeboom is more like a 5 star hotel than a retirement centre.
We offer the following services to all residents at any of our retirement villages:
- A qualified nurse who runs the blood pressure clinic and checks vital signs weekly.
- A shuttle service to shopping centres, takes our residents to do their weekly grocery shopping.
- Regular shuttled outings, on request, to coffee shops, V&A Water Front, wine estates and other scenic spots.
- Senior style games and exercise sessions in the lounge area.
- Meal service (outsourced) – meals can be ordered from the weekly menu. No minimum order needed.
- Panic Button System – all residents are required to have one with them at all times.
New Life Community Services unique value
New Life Community Services have designed their retirement centres around community enhancement as a core with and to cater to all levels of affordability. We did this through a Life Right Development model where typically the most strategic advantage is in the decision-making process that remains in the hands of the non-profit with a vested interest in the elderly unlike a traditional body corporate that is self-serving at the cost of the community and adequate service provision.
NEW LIFE RETIREMENT UNITS
- Onze Molen – 12 Hoog Strt, Durbanville
- Manor on Lords Walk – 6 Langeber Rd, Durbanville
- Vygeboom – 40 Bokmakierie street, Sontraal
- Durbanville Home Based care provides onsite assisted living options
- Life-Right purchasers must be over 50 years old.
- No transfer costs and attorney’s fees (life rights endorsement on the title deed, which falls under the life rights act)
- On re-sale you will get the original purchase price back plus 30% of the profit at Vygeboom, Onze Molen and Manor.
- Weekly Shopping (only at Manor and Onze Molen), Bus outings on arrangement.
- Daily meals Availability, on a pre-order system. No minimum monthly order required.
- Shaded carport available
- Each owner will be issued with a panic button which is linked to Halt Security, which operates 24/7. Activation of the panic button (once off R750 for button) will result in immediate transmission of 3 text messages (neighbour, next of kin, Halt security).
- Halt security will determine if this is a medical or security emergency and will dispatch the appropriate response team.
Why Life Right?
Life rights developments are growing in popularity in South Africa. They offer a more cost-effective and less onerous option for retirees than an investment in regular property types.
Essentially life rights could be viewed as a housing product, an insurance policy, and a good night’s sleep all rolled into one. With a lower financial barrier to entry, than a sectional title or freehold house, Life Rights are an attractive option for those living on a fixed retirement income.
‘Life Right’ refers to a property contract whereby a resident enjoys the same privileges as if the home was purchased in a freehold or sectional title manor, except that the developer of the home remains the sole owner of the property. This means the security of tenure until death. As such, much like in a marriage, it’s a two-way long-term commitment. The developer or sectional 21 organization is every bit as dependent on the health of the relationship as is every resident of the development.
Life Right purchase has not got a property transfer – there are no bond registration fees, no transfer duties and no VAT payable, thus avoiding the negative effects that such additional costs can have upon discretionary income and estate values.
When it comes monthly costs Life Right provides all the advantages of regular homeownership without the cost or hassle of insurance, home maintenance, garden upkeep, domestic workers, repairs and security upgrades. All property management, maintenance, and upkeep falls to the developer or section 21 organization as the owner of the property. No body corporates or slow trusts to work through. In this Life Right model there is mutual risk. As a result, there is protection for the resident against unforeseen hidden costs and special levies so often seen in a sectional title or whole owner models.
Because of their popularity, there are normally long waiting lists for New Life Community Services Life Right development units. So it is advisable to contact them and make an appointment to view a unit and put your name down as soon as possible.
Units currently available
2 Bedroom from R 1 490 000
Manor on Lords Walk
Batchelor with balcony @ R 790 000
1 bedroom @ R 990 000
2 Bedroom @ R 1 290 000
3 Bedroom @ R 1 390 000
1 Bedroom small @ R 1 100 000
1 Bedroom @ R 1 300 000
2 Bedroom @ R 1 90 000
Contact New Life Retirement Villages Durbanville today…
New Life has outsourced all care services to Durbanville Home Based care, who offer care services within your unit/home across Durbanville.
Our suites that facilitate assisted independent living are homely, personal nd provide all that one would need.
Durbanville Home Based care provide excellent care in these suites.
New Life Has partnered with Durbanville Home Based care to offer assisted living options in the New Life suites. This ‘best of both worlds’ affords residents independence with on demand care option. For the retiree who may need unexpected extra levels of medical or personal care yet wants to remain as autonomous as possible even when life changes their circumstance. This is an ideal solution.
The New Life living spaces include suites, individual rooms and apartments. The result is a home-like settings physically designed to promote the resident’s independence with a professional outsourced Care service when required from Durbanville home based care.
Retirement VillagesOffering Apartments / Flats Offering Cottages Offering Rentals Sold on Life Rights With Midcare / Frail Care With Visits by a Nursing Sister Pet Friendly
Old Age HomesOffering Day Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
on site visits by traveling hairdresser
covered garage's and carports
food service on preorder system