Inyoni Creek Retirement Village Johannesburg offers 175 modern units, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to large three-bedroom cottages. The units are available to people over 65 to purchase on a life right basis.
Inyoni Creek is unique due to its river frontage and gradual slopes which provide stunning views over a green belt and large dams – the perfect environment for a wide variety of birdlife.
The 20-hectares of land offers a great opportunity for residents to enjoy tranquil and safe walks in nature.
Units at Inyoni Creek Retirement Village Johannesburg
• 12 One-bedroom apartments (86,77m2) with single garage.
• 30 Two-bedroom apartments (102m2) with single garage.
• 14 Two-bedroom apartments (110m2) with single garage.
• 14 Two-bedroom apartments (115m2) basement single garage.
• 2 Three-bedroom apartments (139,85m2) with basement single garage.
Unit sizes include balconies or covered terraces. One and two-bedroom apartments have the use of a single garage, whereas three-bedroom apartments have double garages.
• 10 Two-bedroom semi-detached cottages (167m2) inclusive of covered terrace and double garage.
• 93 Three-bedroom free standing cottages (202m2 – 220m2) inclusive of covered terrace and a double garage.
There are additional garages available to rent. Garage doors are all automated.
Services offered (included in the levy)
• Emergency call system.
• 24-hour security with patrolling personnel, access control and electric fencing, with perimeter cameras.
• Village sister for preventive nursing care.
• Gardening service.
• Apartments and cottages are serviced weekly.
• Daily postal delivery.
• 24 days per year, per unit, of recuperative care in a Rand Aid care centre.
• Rates, water, building insurance, external maintenance and admin costs. The electricity is charged separately.
All units are north-facing, and have a large lounge/dining room which leads onto a spacious veranda. Cottage verandas are equipped with a built-in braai. The kitchens are spacious and practically designed, including granite counters, and space for a fridge, freezer (or a fridge/freezer in the one-bedroom units), washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher.
All two and three-bedroom units have two bathrooms, and the one-bedroom units have one bathroom with a shower.
Underfloor heating has been installed in the lounges and main bedrooms of all units.
On-site facilities include:
• Sophisticated but comfortable clubhouse with a wooden deck, providing a magnificent view across the two dams. The clubhouse also accommodates a communal lounge with DSTV, well-stocked library and reading room and snooker and card rooms. Dining room facilities are available for special occasions.
• Pool centre which is situated centrally in the village and boasts a solar heated pool, hairdressing facilities, beauty salon, launderette and a gym.
• A physiotherapist and podiatrist provide services, by appointment.
• An interdenominational chapel and e-media centre, both situated at Tarentaal Village – which is adjacent to Inyoni Creek.
• Frail care facilities at Ron Smith Care Centre or Thembalami Care Centre.
Interested persons can place their names on the waiting list, by paying a small refundable deposit. The deposit will also secure a place on the waiting list of any other Rand Aid facility, should this be requested.
Special Covid Info:
Rand Aid offered flu vaccines for free to all staff members at its retirement villages and care centres. Apart from being screened at the entrance to the properties, each staff member’s temperature is checked twice a day and they are asked the relevant questions pertaining to the symptoms of the virus. Employees who prefer not to travel to and from home have been provided with accommodation and meals and laundry services are offered to employees.
Retirement VillagesOffering Cottages Sold on Life Rights With Midcare / Frail Care With Visits by a Nursing Sister
Old Age HomesOffering Day Care Offering Short Term / Holiday Care With Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care
Frail Care CentresWith Dementia - Alzheimer’s care
Sophisticated but comfortable clubhouse with wooden deck, providing a magnificent view across the two dams.
Security includes cameras at the gate and on fences, monitored 24/7 and guard patrols.
Village sister for preventative nursing care
Pool centre which is situated centrally in the village and boasts a solar heated pool as well as hairdressing facilities, a b