Care in Midstream Old Age Home Midrand follows a person-centred care approach – as part of a holistic way of caring for our residents. The person-centred care approach focuses on an individual’s life experiences, relationships, preferences, and abilities. It represents innovation in the care environment. Care in Midstream is home for our residents – not a home away from home, but their permanent home – which is furnished with their personal belongings, allowing each person to follow their unique routine.
Care in Midstream Old Age Home Midrand offers the following services:
- Assisted Living: suitable for older people who need assistance with activities of daily living.
- Frail Care: suitable for older people who need assistance with activities of daily living on a continuous basis.
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care: based on a purpose-built facility, with design features to accommodate the perceptual, cognitive and emotional challenges associated with Dementia and Alzheimer’. These specially designed features can help to alleviate symptoms associated with dementia.
- Short Term Care: Assisted Living, Frail Care and Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care. This option provides home caregivers the opportunity to take a short holiday, attend to important business and also allows them time to nourish their own health. Holiday care is most valuable tool to prevent caregiver stress and burnout. By sustaining the health of the primary caregiver, improved support is possible for the person receiving care. Short Term Care can be arranged for a period of 1 day, up to 30 days.
- Day Care Service: Assisted Living, Frail Care and Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care is provided daily from 07h00 to 18h00.
- End of Life Care: (also known as palliative care) provides personalised nursing care for people living with a serious illness. It is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of the illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient in a caring environment and peace and comfort for the family.
Care in Midstream offers rental accommodation in private suites with en-suite bathrooms. All suites are equipped with panic buttons, WiFi, smart TVs, and air-conditioning. Doors and bathrooms are wheelchair friendly. Bathrooms have safety fixtures, scald protection and walk-in showers.
The modern architecture of the building allows in lots of light. The flooring is light and consistent. Corridors have handrails and are monitored by CCTV, and the passages are wide. The communal areas are comfortably furnished and include communal lounges, social areas with coffee stations, a leisure patio, safe gardens and a play park for visiting grandchildren.
Care in Midstream offers opportunities to enjoy active ageing. Daily scheduled group activities support our approach to delivering holistic care. Group activities are presented by volunteers, social workers, occupational therapists and spiritual advisers. Activities include exercises, baking, arts and crafts, music and games.
Care in Midstream is located within Midstream – a secure and gated community. It’s conveniently accessible for families living in the Centurion, Midrand, Sandton and Pretoria areas. Midstream is protected by a multiple-layer security approach – which includes secure neighbourhoods, access control and identification, internal security patrols and other security measures in all buildings. Midstream offers uniquely integrated medical care. The area is host to the Midstream Mediclinic Hospital, Care@Midstream Sub-Acute Rehabilitation centre and the practices of many highly regarded doctors and specialists. Paramedics provide 24/7 emergency response.
Contact Care in Midstream Old Age Home Midrand to enquire.
Retirement VillagesWith Midcare / Frail Care
Old Age HomesOffering Day Care Offering Short Term / Holiday Care With Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresSpecialised Dementia Care With Dementia - Alzheimer’s care