Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria endorses person-centred care as part of a holistic approach to caring for our residents. Person-centred care focuses on an individual’s relationships, life experiences, abilities, and preferences, and represents innovation within the care environment. For our residents, Care in Midstream is home – not a home away from home, but their permanent home – furnished with their personal belongings, and each person can follow their unique routine.
Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria offers the following services:
- Assisted Living is suitable for older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living.
- Frail Care is suitable for older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living on a continuous basis.
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care is structured around the individual’s requirements, and regular assessments ensure that the best level of care is continuously provided.
- Short Term Care for Assisted Living, Frail Care and Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care. This provides home caregivers with the opportunity to take a short holiday, attend to important business or allow them time to nourish their own health. Holiday care can be the most valuable tool in avoiding caregiver stress and burnout. It helps to sustain the health of the primary caregiver, and in so doing, supports the health of the person receiving care. Short Term Care can be arranged for a period from 1 day, up to 30 days.
- End of Life and Palliative Care provides personalised nursing care for people living with a serious illness. End of Life Care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of the illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient in a caring environment and provide peace and comfort for the family.
Care in Midstream offers rental accommodation in private suites with en-suite bathrooms. All suites have panic buttons, smart TVs, WiFi and air-conditioning and doors and bathrooms are wheelchair friendly.
Central to our service offering is providing the level of care appropriate for each resident. Levels of care are based on the type and frequency. A comprehensive assessment is conducted by our multi-disciplinary team prior to admission to establish the required level of care. Regular assessments ensure that the level of care is adjusted in line with the resident’s needs.
Communal areas are comfortably furnished. Facilities include communal lounges, social areas with coffee stations, safe gardens, and a play park for visiting grandchildren.
Care in Midstream offers regular opportunities to enjoy active ageing. Scheduled group activities support our approach of delivering holistic care. Our Occupational Therapist, social worker and spiritual adviser attend to the wellbeing of our residents. Activities include exercises, arts and crafts, baking, music and games. Our communal environment supports social activity with DSTV in the lounge area, and WiFi to stay in touch.
Specialised Frail Care Services: In our ongoing effort to meet the needs of our residents and the community. Care in Midstream provides a range of specialised frail care services. The services are administered and managed by a team of qualified professional healthcare workers.
These services include:
- Tracheostomy/PEG Feeding
- Home Ventilation
- Administering of Intravenous Medication
- Incontinence Treatment
- Acute and Chronic Dialysis
Care in Midstream is located within Midstream – a secure gated community, conveniently accessible for families living in the Centurion, Midrand, Sandton and Pretoria areas. Midstream is protected by a multiple-layer security approach which includes secure neighbourhoods, access control and identification, internal security patrols as well as security measures in all buildings. Midstream offers uniquely integrated medical care – the area is host to the Midstream Mediclinic Hospital, Care@Midstream Sub-Acute Rehabilitation centre and the practices of many highly regarded doctors and specialists. Paramedics provide emergency response 24/7.
Contact Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria to enquire.
Old Age HomesOffering Day Care Offering Short Term / Holiday Care With Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresSpecialised Dementia Care With Dementia - Alzheimer’s care