Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria endorses person-centred care as part of a holistic approach to caring for our residents. Person-centred care focuses on an individual’s relationships, life experiences, abilities, and preferences, and represents innovation within the care environment. For our residents, Care in Midstream is home – not a home away from home, but their permanent home – furnished with their personal belongings, and each person can follow their unique routine.
Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria offers the following services:
- Assisted Living is suitable for older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living.
- Frail Care is suitable for older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living on a continuous basis.
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care is based in a purpose-built facility with design features to compensate for some of the perceptual, cognitive and emotional changes associated with Dementia and Alzheimer’s, and these specially researched features can help to alleviate symptoms associated with these conditions.
- Short Term Care for Assisted Living, Frail Care and Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care. This provides home caregivers with the opportunity to take a short holiday, attend to important business or allow them time to nourish their own health. Holiday care can be the most valuable tool in avoiding caregiver stress and burnout. It helps to sustain the health of the primary caregiver, and in so doing, supports the health of the person receiving care. Short Term Care can be arranged for a period from 1 day, up to 30 days.
- Day Care Service for Assisted Living, Frail Care and Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care is provided daily from 07h00 to 18h00.
- End of Life Care (also known as palliative care) provides personalised nursing care for people living with a serious illness. End of Life Care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of the illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient in a caring environment and provide peace and comfort for the family.
Care in Midstream offers rental accommodation in private suites with en-suite bathrooms. All suites have panic buttons, smart TVs, WiFi and air-conditioning and doors and bathrooms are wheelchair friendly. Bathrooms have scald protection, safety fixtures and walk-in showers.
The modern architecture of the building allows in lots of light, flooring is light and consistent, all corridors have handrails, corridors are monitored by CCTV and passages are wide. Communal areas are comfortably furnished, with communal lounges, social areas with coffee stations, safe gardens, a leisure patio and a play park for visiting grandchildren.
Care in Midstream offers regular opportunities to enjoy active ageing. Daily scheduled group activities support our approach of delivering holistic care. Group activities are presented by volunteers, occupational therapists, social workers and spiritual advisers – activities can include exercises, arts and crafts, baking, music and games.
Care in Midstream is located within Midstream – a secure gated community, conveniently accessible for families living in the Centurion, Midrand, Sandton and Pretoria areas. Midstream is protected by a multiple-layer security approach which includes secure neighbourhoods, access control and identification, internal security patrols as well as security measures in all buildings. Midstream offers uniquely integrated medical care – the area is host to the Midstream Mediclinic Hospital, Care@Midstream Sub-Acute Rehabilitation centre and the practices of many highly regarded doctors and specialists. Paramedics provide emergency response 24/7.
Contact Care in Midstream Old Age Home Pretoria to enquire.
Old Age HomesOffering Day Care Offering Short Term / Holiday Care With Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresSpecialised Dementia Care With Dementia - Alzheimer’s care