Resthill Memory Care – Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Centurion – provides accommodation and 24-hour continuous care to people needing Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. Centrally situated between Johannesburg and Pretoria on an eco-farm, Resthill Memory Care is a peaceful alternative where our residents have real quality of life in a homely atmosphere.
We go beyond what you might expect so as to provide our residents and their families with peace of mind, knowing that they’re in the best possible care. We ensure their safety, comfort and respect at all times.
At Resthill Memory Care, our residents experience pure luxury country living on a 3 ha property situated on the cusp of the Cradle of Humankind. We’re located between Midrand, Sandton, Fourways, Centurion and Pretoria just off the N14 Krugersdorp Highway and we’re close to essential emergency services and Lanseria Airport.
Our approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care
One of the unique aspects of Resthill Memory Care is our multi-professional team. They ensure that each resident receives comprehensive interventions for body, mind and spirit.
Our focus is on quality of life and we fully endorse the Eden Alternative approach to care.
In our Burkei Assisted Living Home, we care for our Alzheimer and Dementia care residents who are still at the early stages of their disease. Here they are assisted with mobility, medication, grooming and dressing. There is a homely atmosphere and pets are welcome.
In our Robusta Frail Care Home, we care for residents who require substantial personalised care and assistance. Here we integrate a sensory stimulation programme into the daily routine of our late-stage Alzheimer Disease residents.
Facilities at Resthill Memory Care – Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Centurion
Resthill Memory Care is specially designed and equipped to ensure optimal care and comfort for our residents – without the hospital feel. This is country living in well-appointed homes, where you are looked after by people who care.
This is what you can expect at Resthill Memory Care:
- Two modern care homes with private and shared rooms that cater for only 28 residents;
- This includes three executive rooms with en suite bathrooms for our more independent residents;
- A guestroom with an en suite bathroom for families that travel from far;
- 24-hour-care by a motivated team who attend regular training;
- Resthill Memory Care is managed and owned by a registered psychiatric nurse who stays on-site;
- The specially equipped and wheelchair friendly facilities include modern shower rooms;
- Fresh clean linen and towels are supplied;
- The homes have quality furnishings featuring antiques from the Oom Paul Kruger era;
- Open plan dining rooms with French doors leading onto the garden;
- There are vegetable gardens, orchards, resting spaces, as well as our labyrinth for contemplative walks;
- Our resident donkeys Clara, Casey and JB as well as Boschveld Indigenous Chickens and geese;
- Our potbelly pigs;
- And, our well trained and friendly “therapy” dog Rylee, as well as our residents’ own dogs who are more than welcome;
- Entertainment rooms with a music system, LED TV and DSTV in Burkei;
- Braai and overnight facilities for family visits;
- 24 hours electrified perimeter fencing with armed response and rural police surveillance.
Resthill Memory Care encourages family input at all levels to ensure that their loved ones have a quality life.
Our services include:
- Nutritional meals planned and prepared by our catering manager and her team;
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly from our own gardens, are an essential part of our menu;
- Tea & coffee and an assortment of fresh juices as preferred;
- Basic toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, roll-on, etc.);
- Various daily recreational activities such as singalongs and games, including relaxation and suggestion therapies;
- Mobility programme;
- Medication monitoring and supervised dispensing;
- Medical-related procedures such as basic wound care and bedsore intervention;
- Basic manicure and pedicure;
- Visiting hairdresser (cutting);
- All laundry requirements are on-site.
Additional costs to the monthly tariff
- Medication, adult continence requirements, mobility items and other personal requirements are not included in the monthly tariff;
- If referrals to medical practitioners are required, as well as to a wound care specialist, pastoral counsellors and psychologists can be arranged, but are for residents’ own account.
Is Resthill Memory Care the right place for your loved one?
- There are many factors to take into consideration when making a decision to entrust a loved one to specialised care. Cost may be a big consideration, realizing that the comprehensive specialised care program we provide Each family may have their own requirements, remembering that the loved one’s needs should be prioritised;
- You are invited to arrange a visit, where our friendly team will show you around and explain the Resthill ethos. Please email Resthill Memory Care – Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Centurion – today to make a viewing appointment.
Old Age HomesWith Dementia / Alzheimer’s care With Frail Care With Midcare / Assisted Living
Frail Care CentresSpecialised Dementia Care With Dementia - Alzheimer’s care
Basic hairdressing every six weeks is included in our monthly fee.
We are of the philosophy that pets should retire with their owners. Pets are more than welcome at Resthill Memory Care.
We are a small, home-like facility. Our meals are the highlights of each day.
Our centre is very secure, protected by security beams, electrified perimeter fence and security on call 24/7.
Both homes are fully wheelchair accessible. Each home has an open plan bathroom for the convenience of wheelchair residents.
We have a general practitioner that consults at Resthill Memory Care regularly. Rapid response ambulances are used for emergencies.
Resident registered psychiatric nurse available 24/7 and Sister Rita on duty three times per week.
On-site every day of the week.
Plenty of books, magazines and daily newspapers thus informal library.
Wi-fi available at no extra charge.